How many keywords can be optimized on one page?
Keywords are the main link in website promotion. Users use them to find the information they need in a search engine, and they are also crucial for search engines to show their relevant response to a query entered in the search bar.
The more pages optimized for keywords there will be on the site, the more often interested users will visit it. But how many requests can be placed within one page? In this article, we will try to answer this question in as much detail as possible.
- Number of requests per page:
- – How many you can and how much you need What the rules sa
- – What common sense say
- Where you can use keywords
The number of requests per page: how many you can and how much you need
What do the rules say?
Discussions on the maximum number of keywords that can be used on the page, actively “walk” on the Internet. There is no consensus. And the reason is that there are no restrictions on the rules. That is, you can rank for at least 100, at least 1000 queries. The main thing is to use them wisely.
To make sure that for SEO, you can use almost any number of keywords and phrases in one article or on one page, you can refer to the information of Serpstat or any other similar service. To do this, enter the page URL being analyzed, the system will show the approximate number of requests for which it ranks. Please note that the leading competitors and the most visited projects usually use thousands of keywords.
But this does not mean that they entered keywords indirect occurrence a thousand times. It is not valid. There is a concept of “over-optimization,” for which the search engine can lower the site’s position or exclude it from the index. But in this case, we talk about the excessive use of one keyword and not the different keywords and phrases that make up the semantics of your site.
The density of keyword entry should not exceed 3.5%.
In some cases, it may be slightly higher. Otherwise, the page and site may fall under the search engine filter. We have already talked about how to check this indicator in detail.
What Common Sense Says about the number of keywords on the Page
You and I already know that search engines are getting smarter and no longer give out medals for quantity. Now they love quality and value utility much more. Therefore, high-quality SEO promotion should be focused on producing well-readable texts that answer users’ questions. They must be read to the end, commented and shared with friends on social networks or other external resources.
A good text should contain important and interesting information, be conveniently designed, and also sound beautiful. An overabundance of used queries can ruin all your plans for producing quality content that will appeal to users and search engines.
When collecting and grouping requests, it is not entirely correct to focus on their number. We recommend that, while working on the formation of a list of search queries that will be promoted using SEO on your site, proceed as follows:
- Collect the maximum of suitable keywords and phrases using specialized query search services (Yandex Wordstat, Google Query Planner, Bukvarix, Serpstat, etc. .), “Hints” of issuance and competitors, as well as your imagination;
- Group queries by meaning for each page. This is the most critical stage since many diverse keywords cannot be optimized within one page, but those that solve one user’s goal are easier to promote together;
- Distribute keywords throughout the site page, logically entering them into the content.
Where you can use keywords.
Of course, the more keywords and phrases you can harmoniously fit into the text, the more return on the work you can expect. To increase the number of keywords for one page and not harm the quality of the content, we recommend using all the possibilities. And there are not many of them.
Keyword Landing Places:
- The meta tags – Title and Description – are designed to include the keywords most frequently used by the target audience and to which the information on the page is relevant.
- Main text. To optimize the maximum number of queries, text content should be featured on all promoted pages. Keywords and phrases must be evenly distributed throughout the text of the article. In addition to targeted optimization, when writing high-quality useful content, many of the additional low-frequency queries are formed in a natural way, since in order to reveal the topic fully, it is necessary to use synonyms and words that are close in meaning, by which users can also search for information.
- The heading H1 should contain the main request of the page, and the subheadings H2-H3 should contain additional keywords that more reveal the topic to users.
- Graphic content also allows you to add keywords. They can be mentioned in the name of the image, Alt, and Title of photos.
- Keyword-based anchors for internal and external links are a great solution, among other things, making content even more user-friendly and attractive to readers.
- Reviews and comments are periodically visited by search robots and get into the index, which means that key queries need to be placed here.
- The page URL is also quite suitable for placing a keyword or phrase. We recommend using all the places available for using keywords on the page. It will allow you to unobtrusively and accurately increase the number of keywords on one page, which at the same time will not spoil the content, getting on the nerves of users and alarming search engines.
For greater efficiency and better optimization of the resource, you should try to use as many keywords as possible. But, when answering the question, how many keywords should be on each page of your site, be guided first of all by common sense and the content quality.
A good page contains many keywords so that users interested in the published information can find it. At the same time, both search engines and site visitors should like it, who will be pleased to study content that is useful to them.
>> find the best lifetime software deals for your business here